Brian Krause Board - Our li'l BK Fan Paradise!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 62 on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 5:30 am
Latest topics
» Brian Krause---Safesearching.com > Questions & Answers(2004)
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptyWed 06 Mar 2024, 6:49 pm by Erinwalsh

» Beyond Loch Ness - Mar 14th (SyFyD)
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptyWed 06 Mar 2024, 12:08 pm by Donaldellis

» Should I download movies at film4wapin or not and why?
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 1:14 pm by LukeNorris

» Hi all
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 8:18 pm by charmedpiper08

» Cyrus(2009) - Production Stills
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptySat 02 Jul 2011, 10:13 am by Natalie

» Charmed With Prue or Paige
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptySat 02 Jul 2011, 10:03 am by Natalie

» I LOVE LEO
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptySat 02 Jul 2011, 9:57 am by Natalie

» Happy Birthday Nikki (CharmedPiper08)!!!!
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 9:58 pm by charmedpiper08

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 9:54 pm by charmedpiper08

» Good thoughts please for my cat
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 9:53 pm by charmedpiper08

Bk Board
Follow us on Twitter
Watch Bk vids on Youtube
Poll
Do You Want A "Charmed" Reunion?
 Absolutely!
 No, not really
View results
Petition
CHARMED BLOOPERS & DELETED SCENES ON DVD
Fun Fact
Brian is in the video game - "L.A. Noire" published by Rockstar Games, releasing May 2011.
Quote Of The Week
"If you really want to get my attention, call me 'The Blue Flamer.' That's my nickname on the set (Charmed)."
Bk’s Fav Music
External Links
Bk's Official Site
Bk's IMDb Page
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Natasha
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled Vote_lcapBad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled Voting_barBad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled Vote_rcap 
Natalie
Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled Vote_lcapBad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled Voting_barBad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled Vote_rcap 
charmedpiper08
Moonlight
FallenAngel
marionlove16
Hiromy
Stefanita621
BuffysGirl
Demii_Lyssa
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Natasha

Natasha

Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled   Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptySat 07 Feb 2009, 2:02 am

Hey girls,

I have a very bad news regarding HMC...most of us knew that she was going to be in a new show for Lifetime called "Mistresses" which was supposed to air this Summer...well what we didn't know was that it wasn't really finalized by Lifetime if "Mistresses" would be an official show or not...the pilot of the show was given to the channel & it had to compete with similar pilots of 2 other new shows like "Drop Dead Diva" & "Mrs. Novak"...so finally it came to which show will get picked up by the channel.
Sadly it was announced last month that the pilot of "Mistresses" has not been picked up, "Drop Dead Diva" had been picked up to be a new show for the channel instead...Crying or Very sad Sad

This news was posted in one of Holly's fansites...I got this from one of my friends on youtube:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two weeks ago, an article was published on the site of the Hollywood Reporter announcing the pilot which gets picked up by Lifetime

It's Drop Dead Diva. 12 episodes have been ordered by the channel.

At the end of the article, the journalist announces : Diva was one of several pilots in contention at Lifetime, along with Mrs. Novak and Mistresses. The other two are not going forward.

To resume, according to The Hollywood Reporter, we won't have the chance to see Holly on TV in Mistresses since this show has not been picked up by Lifetime.

This site is a reliable source. So it's more than probable that this announce is true.

Source : The Hollywood Reporter, January, 15th 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bdreamer4ever
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled   Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptySat 07 Feb 2009, 2:49 am

Now this is really depressing...I've been looking forward to see HMC back on TV again for sooo long...& now this! Its not fair Mad ....I'm soooo sad I don't know what to say... No Sad Crying or Very sad Neutral
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled   Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptySat 07 Feb 2009, 7:01 am

What the???? Our Holly...being dropped...I think IQs just suddenly dropped at Lifetime, don't you? What is this show "Drop Dead Diva" all about anyway? I guess because Army Wives is such a big hit that now Lifetime thinks their too big for other pilot shows. I mean, I do like Army Wives but I think Mistresses would have been a great show...after all, it would have catered to young women and its in my age group (lol)!!!

You know, I read somewhere where Shannen was the first "Charmed One" to be picked for "Charmed" when it first debuted & when they were looking to cast the other 2 sisters, Shannen encouraged HMC to audition for the show. She did audition but the producers initially did not want HMC and Shannen told them that if they did not get HMC, that she was not doing the show without her. Now we all know how great of a show Charmed turned out to be....just think of what would had happen if HMC was not one of the "Charmed Ones"??? There would probably be no LEO..or no BK Sad
and no WYATT...and the show, in my opinion, would probably not have lasted for 8 years.

Drop Dead Diva...the nerve of them!
Back to top Go down
charmedpiper08

charmedpiper08

Number of posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled   Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptySun 08 Feb 2009, 7:18 pm

This makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled   Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptySun 08 Feb 2009, 8:24 pm

Oh you're so right Sis!

U know "Mistresses" would've been the companion show to "Army Wives" if it did get picked up but now the so called "Drop Dead Diva" would be the companion show...this totally sucks!!! I was really looking forward to "Mistresses"...it would've been a really great show for sure...its sad that good things are left unnoticed & unappreciated sometimes...

I'm glad that U mentioned HMC's first Charmed audition experience...she actually talked about it in one of her Charmed Box set interviews...I remember she said that when she auditioned the network made a remark at her saying that they needed more "Star power" to act alongside Shannen Doherty & our Holly didn't have it...can U believe it Exclamation I mean she won the "Best Young Actress in a New Television Series Award" for "Picket Fences" in 1993...she was only 20 at that time...did they realise what a great achievement that was for her at that young age...obviously not! Holly made "Charmed" what it is right now...I'll be honest, I don't think I would've really watched the show if Holly wasn't in it...may be I would've watched it a lil' bit but it would've been only cuz of Shannen.

I think Holly is highly underrated & underappreciated not by the fans but by the industry & the critics...I mean"Piper Halliwell" has been her best role so far...its the role that won all of our hearts...was she once nominated for that? NO! I mean Alyssa Milano gets the nomination as best actress for "Phoebe Halliwell" in "Teen Choice Awards" ....& Holly doesn't? Why Question It is an absolute injustice don't U think? Don't get me wrong cuz I have nothing against Alyssa...but I think she is highly overrated...most ppl say that she's the most popular & the best star of "Charmed"...Why?...just cuz she was in "Who's the boss"? Holly was in "Picket Fences" too...does that count for anything? I think Alyssa's awesome at the comedy department but not so much at the drama & emotional acting department as compared to others meaning Shannen, Holly & Rose...that is in my opinion. I've seen almost all of Holly's movies & I personally feel that no other actress from "Charmed" or from Hollywood comes even in close comparison when it comes to Holly. I mean she truely is the BEST actress ever! I'm not saying that just cuz I'm her #1 fan...I honestly have never seen anyone(that is apart from our BK) acting with such authenticity & versatility as Holly...she gives her best & touches our hearts with every single one of performances...

And...it is very unfortunate & sad...infact its a shame that an actress as talented, amazing & as wonderful as Holly Marie Combs still remains underrated, unappreciated & unrecognized in this industry (Sighs)

...that was a quite a loooong speech...I'll get off the soap box now.

Last edited by bdreamer4ever on Mon 11 May 2009, 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled   Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptySun 08 Feb 2009, 11:21 pm

When U get on a roll....you really take off, don't U baby girl (smile).....just kidding...it's all good! Cool Very Happy

Anyway, I know how U feel and I totally agree with everything U said! Holly, by far, is a better actress than Alyssa. I go by the expression of emotions between the two. There was only 1 episode that I recall where it looked like Alyssa had "real" tears...and that was in S2 (last episode) where Pru is killed and the genie has to bring her back. There was also the time when Phoebe had to vanquish Cole in S4. In both episodes it looked like she just had a "good make-up artist".

But for Holly....check out the S4 (episode 1 and 3) where she was grieving for Pru like the scenes up in her bedroom before the funeral and when HMC turned into a "fury" and cried (in Leo's arms, I might add) by Pru's vault. Those were very emotional scenes....the very best...what about when the Angel of Death came for Leo...when he and Piper were upstairs in their bedroom....and also when it was time for Leo to be "frozen"...those were REAL tears in Holly's eyes....they were slightly red!

I'm not trying to be biased here... but Alyssa a better actress than Holly.....NO WAY!

Hmmm...I guess I'm rolling right along with U Tasha (smile)!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel

FallenAngel

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled   Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled EmptySun 08 Feb 2009, 11:59 pm

Ewwwh...
*go cry in a corner*
I wanna see Mistress pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled   Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad news---HMC ~ "Mistresses" has been cancelled
Page 1 of 1