Brian Krause Board - Our li'l BK Fan Paradise!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 62 on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 5:30 am
Latest topics
» Brian Krause---Safesearching.com > Questions & Answers(2004)
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) EmptyWed 06 Mar 2024, 6:49 pm by Erinwalsh

» Beyond Loch Ness - Mar 14th (SyFyD)
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) EmptyWed 06 Mar 2024, 12:08 pm by Donaldellis

» Should I download movies at film4wapin or not and why?
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 1:14 pm by LukeNorris

» Hi all
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) EmptyThu 22 Sep 2011, 8:18 pm by charmedpiper08

» Cyrus(2009) - Production Stills
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) EmptySat 02 Jul 2011, 10:13 am by Natalie

» Charmed With Prue or Paige
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) EmptySat 02 Jul 2011, 10:03 am by Natalie

» I LOVE LEO
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) EmptySat 02 Jul 2011, 9:57 am by Natalie

» Happy Birthday Nikki (CharmedPiper08)!!!!
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 9:58 pm by charmedpiper08

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 9:54 pm by charmedpiper08

» Good thoughts please for my cat
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 9:53 pm by charmedpiper08

Bk Board
Follow us on Twitter
Watch Bk vids on Youtube
Poll
Do You Want A "Charmed" Reunion?
 Absolutely!
 No, not really
View results
Petition
CHARMED BLOOPERS & DELETED SCENES ON DVD
Fun Fact
Brian is in the video game - "L.A. Noire" published by Rockstar Games, releasing May 2011.
Quote Of The Week
"If you really want to get my attention, call me 'The Blue Flamer.' That's my nickname on the set (Charmed)."
Bk’s Fav Music
External Links
Bk's Official Site
Bk's IMDb Page
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Natasha
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) Vote_lcapBk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) Voting_barBk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) Vote_rcap 
Natalie
Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) Vote_lcapBk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) Voting_barBk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) Vote_rcap 
charmedpiper08
Moonlight
FallenAngel
marionlove16
Hiromy
Stefanita621
BuffysGirl
Demii_Lyssa
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Natasha

Natasha

Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) Empty
PostSubject: Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005)   Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005) EmptyMon 20 Oct 2008, 8:42 am

Xpose #95 > Mortality Play

With Charmed returning for an eighth season, star Brian Krause chats to us about how Leo Wyatt's newfound mortality will affect the direction of the character, and where the show's going in its final year...

It's seven years since Leo Wyatt showed up on the doorstep of the Halliwell Manor, claiming to be a handyman, but in truth a Whitelighter sent to watch over the Charmed Ones. However, that mission's become trickier after the events of the seventh season, as his alter ego, actor Brian Krause, explains.

"In the past, Leo was always able to protect Piper and take care of her and their family," says Krause. "However, as of the show's 150th episode he could no longer do that. So I think Leo's and Piper's relationship has flip-flopped in that my character now has to rely on her to protect him. Along with that, she's also helped Leo rebuild his confidence and the two of them have dealt with each other on a more Human - or mortal - level. That's the first time in seven years that Leo and Piper have truly connected in that way as opposed to on a witch/Whitelighter level."

"From an acting standpoint, I feel that Leo has definitely become more of an emotional individual because he's once again mortal. Since that happened to him, we've seen the real essence of my character if you will and how he reacts to and handles situations as an 'ordinary' person. That's been a challenge for me to play. It's one thing when you're powerful and can't be killed, but when that's taken away from you it ups the stakes on everything. You have to keep reminding yourself that you're not invulnerable any more and things can hurt you. So it's OK to be a little scared."

"Leo unknowingly set out on the path to become mortal again when he decided to go behind his fellow Elders' backs and join the Avatars in their plan to build a better world, but in order to do so they needed him and his powers, little suspecting how high the price of Utopia would be."

"Overall I was very pleased with how my character's story arc with the Avatars played out," notes Krause. "Most of my scenes were with Joel Swetow, the Alpha Avatar, and I definitely enjoyed working with him. I thought we had some great guest stars in the seventh season, which says a lot about our show, our actresses, our writers and everyone else involved. It's a compliment when you get performers of such calibre like Joel, Oded Fehr and Billy Zane to take part in the story that you're telling."

"Getting back to Joel, he's a terrific guy. The two of us would sit down and work through a scene together, rehearse it, and then go in front of the cameras and just let things unfold. Joel has a real passion for the craft and it shows in his performance. Again, all of our guest stars come in prepared and excited to be on Charmed. It's a thrill when that happens because, first off, it reminds you how lucky you are to be doing what you're doing, and, second, it brings a freshness to the work every week."

nAtaShA Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bdreamer4ever

Bk---Xpose Magazine Interview[Issue#95] ~ Mortality Play(July 2005)
Page 1 of 1